Thursday, October 16, 2008

Jordanne Homecoming

I realize that I am WAY late in posting this. Before we left for Hawaii Jordanne made Homecoming Royalty. She looked beautiful and dad was the proud father down on the field during the Homecoming football game. I have to admit I was impressed that all of the of the girls on the royalty,except one, were wearing modest dresses (of course the girl without the modest dress on won). Two of Jordanne's friends made the royalty also, Whitney and Sara.


Dad found out about the royalty first and the early morning breakfast, where they wake the royalty up and take them to breakfast in their pajamas, was Friday, the same day D.J. got married. Poor Jordanne was woken up early, dragged to breakfast in her pajamas and taken to school where she then had to leave to come back for the wedding festivities. She was not expecting it so it was a great surprise for her.


Jordanne's date was named Jordan also so it was Jordan and Jordanne going to the dance together. We all laughed at that. Jordan is a Sophmore and this was his first formal dance. He was a nervous wreck, it was so cute! When he was putting the corsage on her wrist his hands were shaking.
Jordan's father was being made a bishop the following day so his mother made him come back to hishouse with Jordanne so all the extended family that were visiting for the event could see her. As Jordanne came walking into the house she said, "Don't you look pretty, and your dress is modest. Thank you for being modest!" I guess she was really worried about Jordanne's dress.

I have to admit I was pretty proud of her hair this time. Jordanne showed me a music video on YouTube of Taylor Swift in "Love Story" and asked me to do her hair like that. I think I am pretty close. Of course it is not hard when she starts off as beautiful as she is.

3 comments:

beth said...

Her hair really is gorgeous! Great job. That's so wonderful that she won!!

erika said...

Oh My Heck!! That is Jordan Farrer! His dad is my old boss!!

Haven said...

I LOVE her dress! Why didn't they have beautiful dresses like that when we were in school? Or did I just not look hard enough?