Thursday, October 30, 2008

Aquarium

Last year I had a season pass to the zoo and went sixteen times. This year I don't have the pass and I have only been once so Jocee and I decided to take her two kids, Milly and Brejdan, to the zoo. Unfortunately, we were not aware that this Saturday morning was Trick or Treat at the zoo. Picture hundreds of kids lined up in costume waiting to get in, half of them crying. Needless to say, we decided not to go to the zoo and instead went to the Living Aquarium. We had to convince Brejdan that he didn't want to see the "Mountain Tigers", no they are not mountain lions, but mountain tigers. (I have never been to the Aquarium before and it was a lot cooler than I was expecting.) Brejdan had a blast. He especially liked the "Sea Racers" (or sea rays). Jillian spent the entire time texting (typical teenager). Colby came with us, he is so good with the kids. I love the photo of the two of them hanging on Colby. There were jack-o-lanterns in some of the tanks and it was funny to watch the fish eating the pumpkins. We were leaving and everyone else had gone out to the car when Brejdan noticed a parrot in a room without any kids in it and the workers there were kind enough to have the two parrots in the room go through their tricks. They offered to allow Brejdan to hold the snake or the hissing cockroach. He didn't want to have anything to do with them.



1 comment:

Emlyn said...

So cute! I'll definitely have to take my Millie there soon!