Monday, March 30, 2009

The Final Count Is In!


Finally, one month later than I thought it would take to finish cataloging my books, I am finished! (I admitted to Colby I thought it would only take me three days and he laughed at me.) Because I am borderline OCD, not only did I catalog the books but I arranged them in bins alphabetically by author's last name. The grand total is....wait for it...4,058. (Colby estimated that I had 4,000 and he was right.) Now that number does not include the approximately 400 duplicate books that I had in my possession. I know what you all are wondering, and no, I have not read them all but I would estimate that I have read at least 85% of the books in my possession, if not more. The garage is now jokingly referred to as the "library" since that is where most of the books are stored.

8 comments:

erika said...

All I can say is WoW.

Tiffini said...

Good Gosh!!!! Your nuts!! :)

Julie said...

Awesomeness! Hey Jess, do you have a good book I could borrow? :)

beth said...

That is really cool. Until you move! :)

Dacia said...

I just love you to pieces. We should go on a nice picnic, lay on a blanket with a good book and then take a nap while everyone else is searching for arrowheads.

and I totally know about the spring one day winter the next. It was so nice and then wham more snow. Boo! I'm ready for warm.

Haven said...

Crazy! Can I check some out? I know you've got the GOOD ones. :)

Emlyn said...

Broke down and watched "Twilight" last night... I need to borrow the series now.

Sarah (: said...

That is SO many books!
Where are they going when you move?
I'll house some of them for you! :)