Saturday, March 7, 2009

Neglected Blog and Family Chaos

So I have been neglecting my blog lately in pursuit of getting my books cataloged. I didn't realize when I started the project that it would take me so long. I figured I would be finished, at longest, in three days...nope....almost three weeks later I just have four bookshelves to go. I have to admit that it has been nice to get them all organized and to realize how many books I really own. (I own more books than most people read in their lifetime.)

I was lucky enough to be able to go and tour the new Draper Temple twice, once at night so I got to see the Temple all lit up and once during the day.
It is absolutely beautiful, inside and out! The second time I went through with Jordanne, Jillian, Aunt Gwen, Uncle Dave, Wendy, Rob, Donnie, Paige, Robbie, Jett and Emery. (Yes, the McArthur clan descended en masse on the Temple and it remains standing.) Later that weekend Lana and Aros came down and we all played Rock Band 2 at Wendy and Rob's.

Paige and Emery did their own make-up (yes, the eighties are back) and posed for a picture. For some reason Jillian didn't want them doing her makeup....
She looked so pretty when they were done with her. The flecks on her face is glitter, they put so much glitter on her she was sneezing it out for a week.
Emery was having a good time playing with Jordanne's hair, as long as it didn't interrupt the game Jordanne was good with that.
Lana's youngest LOVED the music and was dancing like crazy! She kept at it song after song until Lana finally made her stop to go to bed and had to change her jammies because she had sweat through them. If you look in the background you can see Jordanne and Paige singing along.
We had a great time! It had been awhile since I had hung out with my family en masse like that and I have to admit it is something that I miss living so far away from them all.

1 comment:

Mia said...

What an adventure! I'm so glad you left the temple standing :) Jillian, I am so sorry about the sneezing of glitter, that must have been. . . well a beautiful sight ;)