Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Hiking Again

While in St. George I organized another hike. The weather was fabulous and in the 70's so I couldn't resist getting out into the hills. Jocee, Brejden, Milly, Jillian, Jordanne, D.J., Jillian's friend Emily, Paige, Riley, Erika, Haydn and Taite all went with me. (Also Cato, my dad's dog, and Mable, Riley and Erika's dog) We had a great time and as you can see, Milly and Taite had the best views.

We went north of Washington City, by the water tank, and saw some dinosaur tracks that my Grandpa McArthur found years ago. Unfortunately, I didn't know that the road we used to take no longer exists, thanks to a new housing development, and we did some off-roading to get to the tank without any prior warning to Riley and Erika. I don't think they knew exactly what they were agreeing to when they decided to go hiking with us.



Cato had a really good time chasing Mable around, he thought she was the shiznit. We kept having to pull him off of her but the best part was by the end of the hike he was so tired he could barely move and we almost had to carry him back to the truck. He kept laying down anywhere there was a little bit of shade, Mable did just fine and lead Cato on a merry chase.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my ability to add letters where they are not I thought it said the dogs name was Marble not Mable. Thought that's a cool name.

Did you visit Gma and Gpa Squire while you were in town?

I have to say it again you did a great job with Chelle.

Shawn said...

All this hiking you're doing better be getting you in shape. This year maybe we'll do the full Lake Blanche hike. Instead of the six miles that we did last time. (And it is only 3 miles one way.)