Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Years Resolutions

Okay, I am late in posting for the New Year (yes, I do realize it is the 20th). Last year my resolutions were:
  1. Not kill my husband (trust me, I have been tempted at times) :)
  2. Lose weight
  3. Finish some UFOs (Unfinished Objects, i.e. crafty projects)
  4. Get my Bachelor's Degree
  5. Get into law school
I always only set five goals so I can realistically achieve them. I have not killed my husband and love him as much as ever. Last January I was a size 14 and this January I am a size 8 so I am pretty happy with the weight loss. I finished a bunch of UFOs but I have an equal number that I have started and not finished this year so Colby says I have to call that one a draw. I graduated from the University of Utah in May of last year and I have been accepted into two law schools, however, I am waiting to hear back from fifteen other law schools so at this point in time I have been accepted but we don't know where we are going to be living in six months. (The not knowing is killing me, I am a planner and not being able to plan where we are going to be is really a challenge for me.)

This year I have made resolutions, I feel that writing them down makes me more accountable. Here they are:
  1. Not kill my husband (the never ending battle) :)
  2. Lose weight (my goal is a size six, I am almost there)
  3. Finish some UFOs (hopefully by this time next year I will be ahead)
  4. Be a better budgeter (I really like to go shopping)
  5. Focus on spending more time with my husband (I have a tendency, a bad one, to schedule him last into my schedule when I should be putting him first)

5 comments:

beth said...

Those are some good resolutions! Way to go on the weight loss - did you win the competition? I've finally stopped slacking and am starting to see real improvement. And I don't hate it (healthy eating and daily exercise) as much as I thought I would. :)

Good luck with school and your UFOs. We had BETTER get together before you go off to school!!

Tiffini said...

Those are great goals. I am not a goal setter because I never ever to do even if I write it down. I am horrible at it. Great job on the weight loss its such an accoplishment!

Dacia said...

Hmmm.. maybe I should get working on my UFO's. hehehe I have soooo many!

Clu, Meg, Max, Tali said...

CONGRATS on law school! We hope that you choose one close so that with your crazy schedule we will see you a little!

easleyfamily said...

Yay! Which law schools did you get accepted in to? I'm jealous that you'll be starting and I'll still be taking orders :) Way to go on the resolutions...you're an inspiration!