Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas 2008

We spent Christmas morning with my family before heading over to Colby's family for the traditional Christmas breakfast (I forgot to pull out my camera so no photos of that although it was fabulous, as usual). This year Jordanne got a digital camera and Jillian got a jazz mouthpiece for her saxophone.
Jocee and Zorn were down with their two kids. It is amazing how much small children add to the excitement of Christmas. Brejden enjoyed opening every present and got excited over everything. My favorite was his excited cry of "Look mom, I got socks!"

Milly was done opening presents once she opened up the binkis in her stocking. She then had to show them to each person individually. We finally got her interested in opening the presents and we lost her again when she opened a book. Then she went around and sat on each person's lap and had them read the book to her, it was so cute!
It was a toss up who appreciated their Christmas gift more, Jocee or me. Dad got Jocee (with some shopping help from me) the complete Friends and was so excited she almost started crying.

My cute husband surprised me this year, he called McArthur Jewelers in advance and arranged to buy a pair of earrings that I have been wanting. Jocee stopped by to pick them up and then wrapped them in a bigger box so I wouldn't know what they were (after selling jewelry for 12 years I recognize jewelry boxes). Jillian almost gave the secret away the night before by telling Colby (in front of me) that she went with Jocee to pick up my present. Jocee thought quick on her feet and said, "You know Colby, the scarf you had me get for Jessica from Beaver, we are buying local now." I bought the story and talked to Colby later that night about how I hoped it wasn't an ugly scarf because otherwise I wouldn't wear it. The earrings are beautiful and I love them. Colby did good!

1 comment:

Haven said...

So okay...where are the earrings???? Pictures please. :)