Sunday, October 11, 2009

Phoenix Zoo

For my birthday yesterday we finally made it to the Phoenix Zoo. The weather has finally cooled off and it was only 90 degrees (yes, I got sunburnt). The zoo is three times the size the one in Salt Lake City but not quite as nice. All the animal enclosures are outdoors with a large number of African animals (shocker, I know, since the climate is the same). It was nice to not have to deal with the urine smell the monkey and reptile houses had in Salt Lake City. They have several enclosures where different species of animals live, it was very

I was really impressed with the desert wolves (they have three) and the Gallapagos tortoises, they are HUGE!!

1 comment:

Cara and Gerriss said...

That is the biggest turtle I have ever seen! We sure miss you guys up here. Hope all is going well and you are adjusting to the new area, and weather.