Sunday, April 19, 2009

Crab Night


I realize that I am late in posting so several will occur tonight. Part of the shopping spree resulted in a box of King Crab legs and claws. Since neither Colby nor I had ever cooked King Crab we watched a series of online videos outlining how to correctly steam and season the Crab. The video was great and our Crab turned out amazing! Colby also took the time to clarify 1.5 lbs. of butter. Yummy!
I have to admit I am not very good at cracking the shell and getting the meat out. I think it has to do with a lack of patience on my part to figure out the best way to get the meat out. I usually deteriorate to using the Ancient Egyptian method, sticking a stick into the shell, moving it around a lot and dumping the mashed meat out to eat. (Similar to the removal of the brain for mummification.) Kim, on the other hand, did a much better job of it than I. (I had a whole of bunch of inappropriate puns about crabs that Colby wouldn't let me post.) Anywho, you can tell by the picture that she was incredible! If you look closely you can see exactly where all the pokey parts of the shell are on the meat.

Bentley didn't appreciate the crab the same way the adults did so he had a good time playing with his trains on my hard floors.
The crab jokes didn't stop the entire evening we all had a really good evening together.

No comments: