Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sisterly Help

Jillian came and stayed with us for week just after Christmas. While she was here, she taught me how to make a rag quilt. For those of you who don't know me very well, I can do hand stitching with the best of them, I have created complex counted-cross stitch projects but, I can't sew a straight seam with a sewing machine to save my life. It is sad when your 15 year-old sister has to help you make a basic quilt, she is much more talented than I am. I bought the U of U fabric to make Colby a quilt about three years ago and just hadn't gotten around to making it. I think it turned out great thanks to Jill! I have realized that I don't enjoy sewing machine sewing so this will probably be the last rag quilt that I make but at least I finally finished Colby's gift (yes, I am a slacker wife).

4 comments:

Tiffini said...

Cute quilt! I am the opposite I hate hand stitching, so lets trade I'll do your sewing machine jobs and you do my hand sewing :)

Haven said...

Love it! At least you've used your sewing machine. Mine's...somewhere in storage...it'll need a complete overhaul when I finally get around to using it.

Marianne said...

OMG what a cute quilt. I would love to make something like that. Maybe when she's up again you guys can come over for haircuts and she can teach me how to make a quilt. :)

erika said...

The blue and brown quilt she made for the auction was adorable! I want to learn.