Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hello, my name is Jessica and I have an addiction...

My sweet husband got me software and a scanner for Valentine's Day so I could catalog my book collection. This, of course, led me to want to organize all of my books alphabetically by author so I pulled all my boxes and bins of books out and started organizing.
Hailey was nice enough to give up her Valentine's Day to come and help me with the organization. It would have taken me five times longer than it did she hadn't assisted me. (Of course, when she made the offer to help she didn't realize how many books I own.)
Smokey Joe kept helping by climbing into what ever bin or box I needed to fill at the moment. He also would occasionally wind his way through the stacks of books and manage to knock over at least one stack in the process. After one knock over I got fed up and put him in the time out box where he stayed for three minutes (I was surprised, I thought he would only stay a few seconds.)
Now the big debate Colby and I keep having is how many books I really own. Take a guess and I will publish in a later post how many I really have. (After I have cataloged them all). :)

16 comments:

Lyman and Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lyman and Kim said...

Hello, my name is Kim and I have an addiction...my addition is organizing! I was actually kind of sad to see that you didn't call me to help like we originally talked about. Do you not need the tupperware that I've been saving? I'm curious to know the ending number of books!

erika said...

oh Jessica, Jessica (shaking head in despair)

Tiffini said...

Oh my good gosh you ARE your MOTHER!!!! What would be interesting to know is who had more you or her?!

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Yorokobi said...

My guess on the number of books in Jessica's collection is 4,000 (±200).

Cara and Gerriss said...

WOW! That is intense. I guess I don't need to look into getting a new library card. I can just come over there and choose. :)

Gull Family said...

Jessica i am not shocked i bet i was with your mom when she bought most those books....lol. I guess you have like 300 books and would like to know where in the heck do you keep them all.

Sarah (: said...

I'm guessing 4500.

Speaking of books, check out my new blog I made! I'm hoping you'll contribute!

www.bookwormcity.blogspot.com

Karen Dick said...

Addiction is right! Let me guess: you've been through your collection before every move, trying to figure out which ones to leave behind, and have succeeded only in deciding to buy more! I'm the same way though not to the same extent! Get some help, girl!

jeff said...

Not near as many as your mother had!!!!

Gull Family said...

"You've been tagged! See my blog for details."

Kim said...

I think there's a 12 step program for that... ;)
Hello, my name is Kim and I'm addicted to Rock Band. How lame it that?! At least your addiction is a refined one. ha ha

Haven said...

738

Haven said...

+-4000 to that previous post. ha ha!

Unknown said...

Jessica--I finally got to see a picture of smokey joe! That is quite the amazing book collection--I thought I had it bad, but you definitely have way more than I thought that I was collecting. I'll tell that to Derrick to make him feel better the next time we move and he tells me he doesn't want to haul all the book boxes again. :) I hope that you guys are doing well!