Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Civil War

I haven't posted for awhile, which is unusual for me. As many of you are aware, Hser Nay Moo was found murdered by a neighbor in the same apartment complex that she lived. Our hearts and prayers go out to her family. Because this has happened so close to our home this has caused some concern and fear in our neighbors and ward members. It is sad that horrible things happen to innocent and good people. However, bad things happen regardless of where you live, unfortunately this is the way world is now.



On a happier note, Colby and I went to the Hale Center Theatre on Friday and watched a fabulous production of The Civil War. I originally saw The Civil War when I visited New York City right after I graduated from high school (I am not going to put the year as it will date me). I realize many of you aren't familiar with musical, it was written by Frank Wildhorn who also wrote Jekyll and Hyde and The Scarlet Pimpernel. I was very excited to be able to see it performed live again. One of the main characters was scheduled to be played by Merrill Osmond of the famed Osmond brothers. However, he was not there and his understudy performed instead. In addition, Joseph Paur--many of you will remember him as Ribaldi in Rigoletto--played the part of the Confederate General. He was amazing! It was an incredible experience and I would encourage any who can to attend.

3 comments:

Dacia said...

Matt hates any kind of musical. I guess whenever I want to go to one I have to take someone else. I was surprised that he liked "Enchanted." I love Joseph Paur's voice. I remember watching "Rigoletto" over and over again.

Dacia said...

Okay so I totally had to look this up because you made me want to hear this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSuATe_dc3c&feature=related

Tiffini said...

Jess I always wondered what your background was and I just figured it out it's the wonderful Hogwarts!