Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

In honor of Thanksgiving I thought I would post several things I am thankful for:
1- My husband
2- My health
3- My family (crazy as they all are)
4- My religion
5- My freedom
6- Technology that allows me to stay in contact with everyone through the various methods (i.e. Cell phone, internet, etc.)
7- Good road system that allows me to travel a long distance to be with friends and family
8- Food (and all the yummy calories I now need to work off)

I could go on and on but I don't want to bore you all. This year was different for me because it is the first year in the last five that I have not cooked/been responsible for the Thanksgiving dinner. Ever since Mom got sick with cancer the second time I have been in charge of the meal and this year I got to sit back, relax, and enjoy all the good food. It sure made the day less stressful but it did feel a little weird.

We spent the morning and the meal with Colby's family. I forgot to pull out my camera because I was too busy stuffing my face. Later we went to my family's house and played card games. I would like to say that I was smart and went to bed early since I knew I was getting up WAY too early to go shopping the next day but Jordanne and I stayed up talking until about 1:30 am and then we were up at 4:00 am to hit the sales. Needless to say, I am tired!

Editor's Addition: Photos. These were taken by my mom or sister.

Thanksgiving 2009

1 comment:

Marianne said...

How come you didn't go shooting with them? That looks like it would have been so much fun!

I'm glad you were able to relax a little bit on Thanksgiving this year. Hopefully you found some really good deals out shopping at the butt crack of dawn this morning.