Monday, August 31, 2009

Resolutions Revisited

This weekend I was able to finally finish one of my UFOs (Unfinished Objects)! Hooray! This tablecloth was originally started by my Grandmother McArthur and she finished about half of it. She passed away when I was about fifteen so let's just say I have had this in my project pile for awhile. As I was thinking about how excited I was to finally finish a UFO I started to think about my New Years' Resolutions. I am always really good about setting them but, I have to admit, I usually forget them by about February so I decided now is a good time to review how I am doing.
Here they are:
  1. Not kill my husband (the never ending battle) :)
  2. Lose weight (my goal is a size six, I am almost there)
  3. Finish some UFOs (hopefully by this time next year I will be ahead)
  4. Be a better budgeter (I really like to go shopping)
  5. Focus on spending more time with my husband (I have a tendency, a bad one, to schedule him last into my schedule when I should be putting him first)
So far:
  1. I have not killed Colby
  2. I have not lost any weight but I have not gained any and I am one week into the P90X program (let's just say every muscle in my body has hurt for the last week)
  3. I have one UFO done and one almost completed (hopefully finished by next weekend)
  4. I am a better budgeter since I have quit my job and we are living on a much smaller income, it is amazing what necessity will do for the learning curve ;)
  5. I spend a lot of time with Colby now because he works from home and I am home studying more (and I don't have the huge group of friends and events I had in SLC to take me away)
I would have to say over all I am not doing too bad but I am resolved to work a little harder on some of them so I can have a good report come New Years next year.

2 comments:

Dacia said...

How pretty and a neat reminder of someone special. I need to exercise too! I'm so sleep deprived that even the idea of working out makes me tired so I eat a piece of chocolate instead. I WISH my dog could fit in a bookcase. I'd keep her there always! hehehe Hope you are enjoying Phoenix. Miss you. Love, Day

Jocee said...

The table cloth turned out great! I'm impressed that you finished it! (It's only Sept. now!) I like your resolutions.... Brejden and Mily are glad you haven't killed Colby, especially since they like him more than you!