Monday, June 15, 2009

Party Like It's 1999!


We spent the weekend in St. George to attend my 10 year class reunion. It was great to see everyone and catch up on their lives. Although, I have to admit I found it interesting how technology has changed how we stay in touch. The reunion was planned by conversations that occurred on Facebook. Facebook has also changed who I stay in touch with. Before my account was created I really only stayed in touch with about five friends from high school, but since the creation of my account I stay in touch (and by in touch I mean snooping around on their pages and reading their comments) with easily 75 people. In addition, I have connected with people from high school who I had classes with but wasn't really close to and it was great to be able to speak with them. I don't think that I would have cared as much if it wasn't for the connection on-line. We have three women from my class who were there and are currently expecting twins, talk about crazy!

The other interesting thing for me was how many of us traveled some distance to come and others that I know live in St. George didn't bother to attend. It makes me wonder if it is because we don't the chance to see people from our class that we are much more willing to put the effort and time into coming to visit, or if it is because we are outside of our normal routine that makes it easier for us to attend. For those of you who weren't there, you missed out.

2 comments:

Tiffini said...

I know I missed out, and I really wanted to go! We were down the previous week for the week and my stingy hubby wouldn't allow me to travel back down :( Oh well maybe the next 10 yrs. lol! So I know Andee, and Desserae, who's the 3 having twins?

Tia Langston said...

Yeah I have to say that I feel the same way you do Jessica. A lot of people didn't come to our 10 year that live in Southern Utah. Like your brother-in-law. Sheesh, you should have told him to go. It would have been at least cool to catch up with Jocee even if Zorn didn't want to come.