Sunday, December 14, 2008

Nutcracker

Lachelle, Colby's sister, was in the Nutcracker this weekend (and continuing on until Wednesday of next week, if you get a chance to go, you should do so!) This is Lachelle's last year dancing with Westside Studio as she is going to be graduating from high school and going off to college. I will be the first to admit that I usually struggle to watch an entire ballet (you trying watching with narcolepsy and see how well you do) but they did an amazing job! Lachelle was beautiful! She was in several of the dances including Arabian, Snow, Marzipan and she was the soloist in Waltz of the Flowers. (I am sure I have forgotten some of the dances she was in) It was very physically demanding on many of the dancers because they were in so many dances but it was incredible! The dancers were so graceful and made it look so easy but it takes years of hard work to make it look that easy. Those who live in St. George should take advantage of the opportunity to view the entire Nutcracker. It is not often a city the size of St. George has this type of performance available to them (and go see Lachelle because she is the best dancer there!).


3 comments:

Jocee said...

I can do that with my body! It naturally goes in those positions. I'll bet she can't do the "Santa Fe" dance from Newsies though.
(She looks amazing! Colby better get some more guns and come around more often)

Tiffini said...

If you still want a header to match your blog I can do that, and I can also create an antique one for your other blog. Just let me know what you would like. You can blog about it to if you care to :)

Haven said...

She really is amazing. I wanted to take "S" to see it but we didn't get around to it. grrr...I kicks myself. *kicks*