Saturday, September 6, 2008

Peach Picking




Last weekend we spent in St. George, on Sunday the request come for people to come pick peaches. Jordanne, Colby, Jillian, Dad and I went out at the unearthly hour of 6:00 a.m. (yes, that is a 6:00 a.m. for those of you doubtful that I can get up that early, it wasn't pretty but at least I managed to get there) to help pick peaches.

It was amazing to see the number of people who turned out. It reminded me of when the pioneers would turn out to help someone in need. The farm wasn't prepared for the number of people who showed up and for how quickly the peaches were being picked but they worked hard and the peaches were taken care of.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy. Maybe you could FedEx some of those my way. :) They look delicious!

Mal and Kade said...

How fun that you were down here. Wish we could have seen you guys. Ok my address is
1733 North 2190 West
St. George, UT 84770
I'm excited for the wedding!

Tiffini said...

So you did make it to peach picking huh. It's worth it if you got some right.

Mal and Kade said...

Jessica I hope you get this in time. Sorry it is such short notice but we just got our invitation to DJ's wedding and I wanted to RSVP for the dinner for Kade and I as well as my parents and Hunter. Sorry again.