Tuesday, September 30, 2008

D.J. Wedding Reception in St. George


I realize that I am considerably later than I usually am with the postings. Life has been hectic lately and I think I am cooler and more techie than I really am. I was trying to do this really cool video montage with music set to the slide show. Needless to say, almost two weeks later and still no music.

The wedding was amazing, D.J. looked great in his D.I. tux. Yes, D.J. bought his tux at DI for $25.00. Only he would find such a great tux there, it fit him perfectly. Rachel was beautiful in her great dress. The ceremony was beautiful and it was great to see so much of the family there.

The only sad note was the noticeable lack of mom at all the festivities. It is hard to believe that she has been gone for almost a year but she would have loved all the festivities and she really loved a chance to chat with all the family and friends. At one point in the Temple I looked over and D.J.'s leg was bouncing just likes hers did and I couldn't help but smile because she was always jiggling one leg or the other.

The reception was held at St. George Ford. I admit that I had my doubts when D.J. first suggested it. (Okay, I tried long and hard to convince him that it wasn't an appropriate venue for a wedding reception but obviously I am a sucker for what my siblings want.) We were only able to set up at 4:00 p.m. and the reception started at 7:00, not much time to transform the car dealership but I had amazing help.

There is no way I can mention everyone who was so helpful but the main thank you's go to Kay McArthur, Amber McArthur, Sherri Wilcox and Debbie Gull. Kay and Amber did all the flowers and decor, they are amazing! Amber arranged all the flowers, fresh and silk. (I'll bet those who were there couldn't tell which were which, I know I couldn't.) Kay's decorating talents never cease to amaze me. Everything was was grouped together perfectly with photos of the bridal couple.

Sherri prepared all the food for the reception and it was incredible, as usually. Every time I walked past the buffet table there were three more different items than I had seen before. (I should weigh an additional fifty pounds just from all the treats I stole walking past the buffet table.) My favorite was the Oreo™ cheesecake and I know Sherri made it just for my family since we are all such big fans.

Debbie made desserts for the reception and whipped together the aprons for the little server girls despite only being given one weeks notice because someone didn't call her as quickly as she should have. (My bad Debbie and the girls LOVED them!)

Numerous aunts, uncles and cousins pitched in and lent a hand during the reception setup, take down and the dinner the night before (posting to follow). We are so blessed to have such a loving and helpful family.

Deon and Sato, two co-workers of dad's, provided the live music and were incredible! They brought all their own equipment and performed during the entire reception.

Dad brought a note of humor to the reception (I know you all are shocked) and made Rachel sign an "As Is, No Warranty" in front of everyone stating that she "can't return D.J., even though he is an older model, an '86".

Afterward everyone dug in and we had the place cleaned within an hour. Let me just say how grateful I am to all the family and friends that we have. There is no way this reception would have been half this nice if I hadn't had all the help and assistance I had. Thank you everyone!

4 comments:

beth said...

What an amazing job! SO much work went into that and it looks so great from all the pictures. I had to read that twice - Ford dealership? But it looked just great!

jeff said...

Thanks to everyone for all the help. I am not going to list names because I'll forget a few names. The whole experience was great. Both receptions here in St. George and the one in Lander, Wyo were ones to remember. Congrats to the married couple! Jeff

Nic said...

This is what I am going to remember when I'm throwing weddings for my kids . . . "hmmmmm . . . who do I know that can throw a fine wedding together? Oh ya!! Jessica!!" Good job. It's looks gorgeous! I wish we could have been there.

Emlyn said...

How beautiful! Looks like it was a fun party.