Sunday, May 11, 2008

Graduation at Last!

Last weekend I finally graduated! If you look closely at the slide show I am the one in black with the funny hat on. My dad and sisters Jordanne and Jillian traveled up and Colby's parents came up for the day. Kim and Bentley joined the family and kept everyone entertained. Jordanne and Jillian found the ceremony so thrilling that Jordanne pulled out a book to read and Jillian started reading over her shoulder. At one point, I looked across the stadium and saw both my dad and Colby's dad sound asleep with their heads resting on their chests in the exact same way.

After the ceremony we were joined by Wendy, Rob and the kids, Shawn and his wife Hailey, and my friend Emlyn with her cute little girl, Millie. The day was beautiful and Colby was king of the grill. We were able to enjoy the sunshine (of course I ended up sunburned).

I will admit I am looking forward to having some time off before I start law school. I am hoping to get some of my U.F.Os completed (unfinished objects) from my craft basket and read books that I want to read and not that I have to read.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Way to go!!

beth said...

Congratulations! What a relief it must be to be done! That is so great.

Tiffini said...

Congrats to you! Time off will be nice I'm sure.When does your dad not fall asleep!

Dacia said...

Wow! Congratulations! Just don't enjoy your time off too much. It makes it harder to go back! I can just picture your dad snoring with his chin resting on his chest.... hmmm.... kinda like when he's at church. lol

easleyfamily said...

Way to go, Jess!

HL said...

Congratulations!

Nic said...

Congrats, Jess! So very exciting! : )

Haven said...

Yeah, I'm gonna do the whole gradumeeation thing one of these days. :) I just have to figure out what I wanna be when I grow up..oh yeah, and get the kids in school so I can have some time!

AJ said...

Congratulations on your graduation... I stumbled over to your blog from Lyman and Kim's page.

Re: Law school.

Yes... you will soon be part of the dark side. Ha ha ha. Where are you planning to attend?