Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Utah Museum of Fine Arts

Colby and I went to the Utah Museum of Fine Arts with the Young Men and Young Women in our ward. The first Wednesday of every month is free so it was a fun outing for all. I really enjoyed the special exhibit "Natural Revelations" by Susan Swartz.

"Color inspires me, also layering. My paintings have many layers, like an onion. When you stand in front of one you see something different than when you are 15 feet away."

Her art work is considered abstract but I really enjoyed it because of my ability to be able to tell what she was trying to paint. I am no art critic and I like to be able to tell, without having to be told, what the painting is supposed to be of. You can view her artwork at the following link.

http://www.susanswartz.com/index.html

2 comments:

beth said...

I was pleasantly surprised at the fun time I had. It was a nice museum.

Haven said...

You're so lucky to have such great cultural places to frequent.