Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pinterest and Too Much Time On My Hands or the Quest to Finish the @#$% Quiet Book

   

     For those of you not aware, I have been taking a break from working until after the little munchkin gets here (partly because it took so long for the Bar results to come in and by the time they did I was already 5 months prego but for a few other reasons). This means that for the first time since I was 12 I have not had at least a part time job, this has been interesting experience for me since I am essentially a stay-at-home mom with no kids. So what do you do with your time, you ask? Well, thanks to the wonder that is Pinterest I get delusions of grandeur and forget the reality that is my skill set. I found this great quiet book idea at Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows and thought, I can totally do that!

    I totally forgot that 1) I really don't like sitting at a sewing machine for hours at a time and 2) I really have no sewing skills, no really, it is one of the few crafts I have been unable to master. But me being me, once I start a project I am dang well going to finish it!


    So, three weeks later...I am not even kidding this thing took that long between all the small pieces to cut out, double sew and hand sew on it took me that long to finish it. All I have to say is that RJ better LOVE this book and hopefully (fingers crossed) he doesn't destroy it within three months of actually using it.


1 comment:

nicsperry5 said...

WOW!! I had to make one of these for a high school class.... yes! A HIGH SCHOOL class. One would have thought that this assignment would have been great birth control.... but no. It didn't work that way. Partly, I imagine, because my BFF came to the rescue and because I suck at all things crafty, she ended up "just doing it herself because it's easier that way." I am super impressed that you did this!!! :)